A CALL FOR DISCERNMENT – KSB AUDITORIUM 7PM, 5 – 7 JUNE 2012
- The seminar, held on 3 evenings, was of great importance, especially after hearing the testimonies of people who had been caught up in the “prosperity gospel” and “word of faith” movement. One lady “prosperity” preacher was in tears each evening. She said how she knows these preachers and had been preaching “their” gospel for a long time and had become totally disillusioned. She was so grateful to the Lord for opening her eyes.
- There were approximately 800 to 900+ at each evening meeting. The audience was a mix of Zulus, Whites and other groups, and other overseas guests.
- The seminars had to be translated because a large proportion of the audience was Zulu speaking.
- Justin had to adapt to his time being reduced by half (because of Zulu translation) and he handled it very well. The meetings were about 2 hours each.
- Pastor JD Harrison (Justin’s colleague) took the Friday morning assembly at the mission’s Domino Servite School. His Gospel preaching was clear and he had the full attention of the students.
WHAT IS THE SEMINAR ABOUT?
Peter warned his readers and indeed us today that “false teachers will be among you who will secretly introduce destructive heresies” and they “will make merchandise out of you” (2 Pet 2:1-3). Many of today’s false teachers can be found in what is known as the Word-Faith movement, more commonly referred to as the Health and Wealth, or, Prosperity Gospel. There are attempts to redefine biblical Christianity by teaching dangerous doctrines designed to distort the Gospel and to enrich themselves at the expense of the poor, the desperate, the sick, and the widows. These false teachers have provided a model for many African preachers to follow and they too are leading many astray. Can we really speak things into existence? Did Jesus die spiritually? Are we little gods? Should all Christians speak in tongues? Should people be slain in the Spirit? Is it always God’s will to be healed? If a person is not healed is it because of a lack of faith? Do signs and wonders authenticate the Gospel? What is the true Gospel? You are invited to attend a seminar entitled A Call for Discernment led by Justin Peters as he explores all these questions and many more from a purely biblical perspective. A Call for Discernment will have dozens of video clips of today’s prominent prosperity preachers and then the Word of God will be dropped alongside their claims and teachings. Come and learn biblical truth and be equipped to “speak the truth in love” to your friends and family members (Eph. 4:15). [Refer http://www.justinpeters.org and this link for preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YYN2E7xkY
WHY THIS SEMINAR?
Over and above the reasons per the paragraph above, the following verses show why this seminar is so necessary:
- Believers need to imitate the noble Bereans in Acts 17:11 who „searched the Scriptures daily to find out if these things (taught by Paul) were so.? In our case, evaluating the things taught by the Word of Faith teachers.
- The command in Scripture: Tit 1:10-11 For there are many ….. idle talkers and deceivers, … 11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain”.
- The example of Paul in Acts 20:29-31 where he warned the church elders against false teachers (‘savage wolves?) coming into the church „peaking perverse things to draw away disciples.’
- Paul’s warning in 2 Cor 11:4-5 regarding false teachers who „preaches another Jesus…or a different gospel”.
- Another warning in 2 Tim 4:3-4 „or the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine…. turning their ears away from the truth and turned aside to fables”.
- The earnest plea in Jude 3-4 „…contend earnestly for the faith… For certain men crept in unnoticed…ungodly men, who deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ”.
- To guard the unity of the church: Rom 16:17-18 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.
WHAT YOU ARE REQUESTED TO DO
- Pray for these seminars as well as for Justin and the attendees.
- Attend one of the seminars, get the DVD’s and distribute them far and wide.
- Forward this invitation to as many people / churches as possible, across the country.
- Request all recipients of your e-mail to also forward it.
- Send a reminder or follow-up e-mail to all recipients a week or so before the start of the seminars.
- Print out copies of the other attachment, fill in the details and display it at churches, malls, etc.
WHAT OTHERS SAID ABOUT THE ‘A CALL FOR DISCERNMENT’ SEMINAR
Dr John MacArthur, Pastor of Grace Community Church, Los Angeles, USA:
„the dangers of the Word of Faith Movement are as real as they are pervasive. The message from thousands of pulpits is that God wants you to be happy, healthy and rich. But this is not biblical Christianity, as Justin Peters so adequately demonstrates in his exceptional presentation. With clarity and credibility, Peters exposes the Word of Faith Movement for what it really is a farce. Local churches will benefit greatly from his personal experience and vast research on this important topic”.
Pastor Rod Bunton, Grace Church, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
„Justin Peters is exceptional. He is well prepared, well researched and articulate. His seminar presentation provides excellent documentation exposing the Word of Faith teachers who prey on both unsuspecting believers and non-believers. Our church came away from these sessions knowing we had been biblically equipped to respond to these heresies”.
Dr Paul Mitchell, Director – Martin Lloyd-Jones Recordings Trust, UK
„No one with even the most rudimentary knowledge of Scripture can fail to be appalled by the utter nonsense being propagated by the Word of Faith or Prosperity Gospel celebrities, whose shows dominate Christian television. Tragically numerous people are walking the road to perdition by trusting the false gospel of these charlatans, rather than being obedient to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I urge all Christians to attend one of the Justin Peters? „A Call for Discernment? seminars, which are being used of God to rescue many from error and apostasy?